Hoopa Store Manager Position
TITLE: Store Manager
SUPERVISOR: Board of Directors
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
SUPERVISES: Assistant Manager, Bookkeeper and Team Members
LAST UPDATE: May 2, 2018
To effectively develop and direct implementation of strategies which achieve corporate goals. Manages day-to-day operations of the store. Effectively supervise, direct and manage all phases of the store operations. Achieves the Hoopa Shopping Center goals and objectives. Ensures adherence to store policies and procedures. Reports regularly to the Board of Directors. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual financial, capital, operational, and marketing plans.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of strategic planning process.
- Oversee the development and achievement of annual capital, operating and cash budget.
- Monitor deviations from budgets, taking corrective ensures when needed.
- Approve capital expenditures over $100.
- Ensure adequate financial information is provided to appropriate staffing timely manner.
- Establish and ensure adherence to storewide operational standards and systems.
- Ensure adherence to storewide policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all local, state, and federal policies and guidelines.
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with service providers.
- Oversee remodel, expansion, and major repair and maintenance projects.
- Oversee development and implementation of annual marketing plan.
- Approve annual advertising plan and approve all media contracts.
- Establish, direct, and evaluate departmental merchandising strategies.
- Approve all outgoing media, advertising, and promotion.
- Act as public representative to the Community
- Maintain a well-merchandised, clean, beautiful and friendly environment
- Audit store daily; uphold clear merchandising standards, ensure whole store is stocked for peak hours, store is clean, faced, cases full, end caps reworked.
- Promote excellent customer service; whole-store focus, products in stock, greatly quality, beautiful presentation, and focus on customers.
- Establish and ensure adherence to all Hoopa Shopping Center policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable personnel regulations and laws.
- Periodically update Employee Manual.
- Approve job descriptions and standards of performance storewide.
- Supervise and evaluate all management staff.
- Review all staffing need recommendations and hiring requests and approve all new hire recommendations for the Board approval.
- Approve weekly storewide schedule, review and approve time-ff requests submitted by management staff.
- Administer disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Drive store and company to maximum effectiveness; find the most efficient methods to run the store, support building skills and knowledge of staff and company, stand behind and enforce company policies or work with leadership to improve them, set example of commitment to team, work ethic, attitude, flexibility and diversity.
- Maintain good morale by encouraging clear communications; create and maintain an effective working team that supports the company with emphasis on welfare of Team Members and health of store.
- Keep everyone focused on purpose; ensure all Team Members are trained in their jobs, encourage and recognize. Ensure all staff is providing prompt friendly helpful service.
- Give feed back to and coach all staff to promote outstanding customer service.
- Knows and understands Hoopa Shopping Center Mission Statement and practices its values daily.
- Adheres to all Hoopa Shopping Center policies, rules and regulations asoutlined in the Hoopa Grocery Shopping Center manuals and handbooks.
- Reads and remains current on all posted store information.
- Able to work Weekends and Weekdays, Nights and Mornings.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to other’s ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Quality control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Written Communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
- Oral communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- 2 -3 years in a management position.
- 7-10 years in Grocery Store Business
- Supervisory experience
- Possess current Food Handler’s certificate
- English language proficiency, both speaking and reading
- Passion for food! Passion for people!
- Ability to satisfactorily perform duties and responsibilities described above in a timely manner.
- Ability to take direction from others.
- Ability to work effectively as a Team Member.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Team Members and Managers.
- Ability to train Team Members of all aspects of Grocery operation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representation of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast-paced grocery store!
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 30 lbs. Frequently.
- Must be able to push, pull or lift up to 50 lbs. Infrequently.
- Occasional exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and/or sit up to eight hours per day.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools and/or controls.
- Must be able to perform functions with repetitive wrist arm motion.
- Hearing and talking sufficient enough to communicate with co-workers.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, vision sufficient enough to read, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Independent mobility through store.
This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change or be eliminated. Team Members are always expected to follow their supervisors’ instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors. All Team Members are employed on an “at will” basis; this means that your continued employment, regardless of your employment status, or the amount of time served is at the will of Hoopa Shopping Center.
I have read, and understand, the duties outlined in this document and hereby agree to the tasks and expectations as provided.