Accounts Payable Bookkeeper—Eureka
POSITION: Accounts Payable Bookkeeper
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
SUPERVISOR: Fiscal Director
JOB SITE LOCATION: Eureka, CA
REQUIREMENTS: Must have a minimum of two (2) years employment in the field ofbookkeeping/accounting. Preferred candidate will have an Associate’s degree in Accounting or BusinessAdministration. Applicant must have basic knowledge of bookkeeping, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Microsoft Office (especially Excel). Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the Abila MIP accounting software package and/or not-for-profit accounting experience. Must have the ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The AP Bookkeeper will assist with all areas of the NCIDC Fiscal Department including but not limited to:
- Review and verify invoices and prepare check requests
- Enter invoices into Abila
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date and made on time
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Provide supporting documentation for audits or monitorings
- Maintain accurate historical records
- File paid invoices and other fiscal documents
- Assist the Fiscal Director and Payroll Bookkeeper as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidate will be organized with an attention to detail and accuracy. AP Bookkeeper must have the ability to meet deadlines and stay on task.
Native American Hiring Preference Applies per Title VII of EEOC.